Sunday, September 21, 2008

A Layout and our visitor

I did this LO last weekend and have been planning on posting it all week. The sketch is from www.pencillines.

I thougth the sentiment Enjoy Every Moment would be a perfect sentiment for this picture I took when Joe and I went to Digby for our anniversary in July. I used last years In Colors (Blue Bayou, Soft Sky and River Rock) for my ink and CS.

Enjoy was stamped in Blue Bayou and I wanted to cover the dotted "o" with a grommet but of course I have just about every color but black. My solution was to make a faux grommet using Tracey's faux epoxy brad tutorial on CompuPro.

To make the faux grommet I punched a 1/2" circle out of a piece of scrap black CS and then punched out the ring using a 3/4" circle punch. I then placed the ring or "o" on a piece of waxed paper and put crystal effects all over it. I didn't play around with it too much and it stayed raised and if you try to smooth the CE you will end up with bubbles. Once it was dried I used a little tombo mono multi glue to adhere it.

Here is a close up of the faux grommet. Remember you can click on the image to see it bigger.









We have deer in our yard quite often but in the 4 years we have been here I have only seen 1 buck. The last one, I think I got a really bad picture of it running away but this guy (and a doe) stuck around our yard for quite a while. I have a feeling he might be back because he seemed pretty comfortable here :)

1 comment:

Just Plain Happy said...

Who knew...faux grommets and the look is perfect. Love the layout and the deer picture. Counting the days 'til we visit, hope he is still around then.
Love
Mom