Sunday, June 03, 2007

I haven't been blogging the last few days because I have been trying to decide if I should blog about this or not and I have decided that I can't go back to blogging until I do.


I'm sure you have heard about the Canadian Soldier that we lost on Wednesday. His wife is a friend of mine so this has really hit home for me. I really don't know what else to say but I am putting this out there so that everyone will think about the soldiers that are overseas, the ones we have lost and their families .


I really want to bring this to your attention to support these people. Pray for our troops, wear red on Fridays, donate cards for the troops to send back home, ask at your local MFRC (Military Family Resourse Center) what you can do.

This is so hard to blog about because I still don't feel like I have said what I need to say but the words just aren't coming to me. I do know that my friend has lots of people there for her and we will do anything we can to help her through this.













6 comments:

Just Plain Happy said...

We wish we could be closer to help out and to be with you, Joe and the kids.
Love,
Mom and Dad

Anonymous said...

I have been waiting for you to blog about this....your comments touched my heart ..and I have developed a new admiration for military families.

Angie said...

Sometimes in our everyday lives we forget that these soldiers are real people, real husbands, real wives with real families. I am sad to hear of Angie's loss and it sure does reinforce the feeling of unsurity in life. He was real, and her pain is real and it is comforting to know that her friends are real and willing to help in any way.

Angie E

Jill MacDonald said...

Tragedies like this make the happenings in other parts of the world seem so much closer. I wish we lived closer Karen, it feels really far away at a time like this. Let us know how we can help your friend Angie as well as others in your stamping group touched by this loss.

Anonymous said...

Karen' My heart is with you & your friends..It is such tradgey, war. I remember talking with my Dad when I was a teenager about what was it like ( yeah, I'm that old) to fight in WWII and everytime he just cried... the loss of friends is so difficult... Hold on tight , keep talking & remember all the good...

Anonymous said...

Thanks for writing this.