Monday, June 18, 2007

My b'day present

This is going to be a really quick post because we are getting ready to go to town. I just had to share with you what I got from Mom and Dad for my birthday (on top of all of the beads)....... I got a scanner!


I just finished installing it and had to scan the cards we did at the party on Friday night. Here they are:
The first one is a tent topper card with Doodle This in Regal Rose and Rose Red. For the white pieces I used Shimmery white cardstock.
The second I used Polka Dots and Paisley with Cameo Coral, Old Olive, Cool Caribbean, Marigold Morning and Whisper White. The ribbon is White Organdy from SU, I stamped it with Old Olive Craft ink with the polka dots from Polka Dots and Paisley.
I was so excited when I tried this that I had to stamp more ribbon with my craft inks so when I have a chance I will be playing with them. I used Burgandy organdy ribbon with White craft ink (polka dots) and white organdy with Pink Passion craft ink (flowers). You just have to let it dry for a while so I stamped them ahead of time.
We had a great weekend with Mom, Dad and Amy here. Saturday we took a trip into town and of course we went to Nicole's. Mom & Dad bought Ian and Emma a bouncer for their (early) combined Birthday present. I have a bunch of fun pics of this I will share later. Oh and after they played in the bouncer we had a big water fight, sooo much fun :)Yesterday we went as far as Moncton with them and went to the Zoo there. The kids had a blast there too. Of course I have a bunch of pictures from there too! My batteries are charging now though so maybe tomorrow I will have a couple of pictures from the weekend.
So much for the short post. I need to get ready to go! Have a great day.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lucky you....you receive the BEST gifts...must be because you are SO special!! Enjoyed the "gathering" on Friday night...after a difficult 2 weeks, it was nice to get toghether again..

Just Plain Happy said...

Had a blast this weekend! Be sure to post pics of Ian and Grampie have a water fight. So glad we got to visit. Missed seeing 'your' stampers, Karen, maybe next time.

Angie said...

Love the story of your water fight!! On easter we had a major snow ball fight...good fun! Happy belated B'day. I invited you to come down to the Melvern Can day parade and now I can't even go. We have a wedding to go to and they just asked Olivia to be a flower girl!!!! How awesome! Can't wait for the pics.