Friday, June 22, 2007

I'm so excited!

I played with my new stamps tonight!


For the first card I wanted to do something with the new chipboard so I picked this flower to go with the patterned paper from the Palette of Prints pack.

I inked the flower with my Purely Pomagranite ink pad and then after it had dried for a bit (but it was still a little "damp") I used my white gel pen and added the dots (which turned pink!).

The center of the flower is the solid dot from Pick a Petal stamped in Groovy Guava and punched with the 1/2" punch.




For the second card I used Beate's weekend sketch challenge and Zoofari. The patterned paper is from Palette of Prints.

For the scalloped circle I used my Fiskars scissors to cut around the shimmery white piece.

I stamped the ribbon with Chocolate Chip craft ink and tied it around the Close to Cocoa piece. The monkey is stamped in Basic Brown and colored with watercolor pencils. Isn't he cute?

Only 9 days till the new catalogue comes out!

5 comments:

Tina said...

9 days and counting-LOL I'm so jealous looking at all your new goodies. Your cards are gorgeous, I LOVE that zoofari set! I can't wait!!

NickyT said...

My Bday is July 17th and yes Karen that Pink Card would be perfect for my Bday LOL!!

Love the cards :)

Anonymous said...

All this new STUFF, and Laurie has "a restraining order" in place.....what is a stampin gal to do??

Just Plain Happy said...

Oooh, now you have a tough decision to make because MY birthday is the 10th July! You'd better get busy and make another. I can't wait for the new catty and PLEASE no one tell Stampin' Stud about restraining orders!
Love you,
Mom

Anonymous said...

Karen, these are awesome cards, i don't know how i am going to get control of myself when the new catty comes out..., yeah for the july party

Donna