Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Waiting, waiting, waiting

I am impatiently waiting for my catalogue to arrive. I was really hoping (someone else I know got it today) that it would come this morning but no such luck :(


I went to check the mailbox, even though the flag wasn't up, just in case.....maybe they forgot to put the flag up. Nope, nothing. I don't know how I can stand to wait another day. I guess I will be stamping tonight instead of making wish lists.


Yesterday I got a big brown envelope in the mail and was so excited when I saw it but it was a false alarm. It was my Bella swap. Still very good mail. Here are the cards I did for the swap:
I stamped Flowahbella in black Staz On on shimmery white cardstock adn colored her with SU markers. The scalloped rectangle behind her is done by punching 2 scalloped squares, matching up the scallops and taping in the back. To cover up the line where they meet I put the ribbon over it.
Pattern paper is Chatterbox (I think) and the background (light blue) is embossed with Cuttlebug Stylized flowers.
Cakeabella is stamped and colored the same as Flowahbella (have you noticed I am on a shimmery white kick lately?). I put a little stickles on the candle for some "sparkle" and the shimmery white is so pretty in real life. The pattern paper is Tres Jolis (is that by My Minds Eye? I am so bad with the names-if I like it I buy it, it doesn't matter who makes it. LOL!)
I really like these colors together and wouldn't have put them together normally. They are More Mustard, Ruby Red and Cameo Coral.
Time to go get lunch and sulk a little more about my catalogue not being here..........if you don't hear from me tomorrow it probably means I am going over and over my new catalogue :)

5 comments:

Just Plain Happy said...

This is a GLOAT comment! Yes, I am gloating 'cause I have my new catalog in hand. Looked through it twice, had to move AWAY from the catalog. Thank goodness we can't order today, I need a little ( A lot) time to get control...

Anonymous said...

They probably have your catalog at the post office, reading it. Does Sue stamp?! It will come tomorrow, have faith.

Can't wait to see the Bella swap cards. Maybe you'll be able to come up and go in the pool tonite. Talk later.

Roberta

Anonymous said...

I feel bad for you not getting your new catalogue Karen. But, on the other hand I am glad you made those two cards...they are gorgeous! :o)

Angie said...

Hope the catologe arrived in fine style.

NickyT said...

No post in over a week......I think maybe you can't put that new catty down? Or maybe even you are soooo busy stamping you can't blog? LOL Nick