Monday, June 25, 2007

Something Old, Something New

The something old is Doodle This and the something new is Zoofari. I made this Zebra card this morning, along with a few other cards that I am going to save for later ;-)



The zebra is stamped on Whisper white and colored in with my black stampin' write marker. I punched the scalloped circle from Wild Wasabi and then pierced the holes in the scallops. The doodles are stamped in River Rock in on River Rock cardstock. For the hugs and wishes I used my black SU marker to ink it up and then punched it out with the word window punch and cut around it with scallop scissors.


I started this card with a sketch from Julee's blog HERE but when I went back and checked the sketch again I realized the circle was supposed to be in the center. Oh well, it is still a cute card. Julee is playing Blogger Bingo and you can jump in at any time so go check it out.


We are going to have a little Birthday party for Emma at the zoo when we go home this weekend so I think this might be her card. I may have to do another "girly" card for her too though :)


On Saturday we went to New River Beach for the sand sculpture contest (to watch, not participate) with Roberta and her kids. We walked around the beach to look at the sculptures first and then took the kids down by the water so they could play in the sand and water. The 2 boys stuck to the sand while the girls played in the water. Emma was like a little mermaid (I really think she is part fish!) and did not want to get out of that freezing water.



Here are a few pictures from the beach:




















3 comments:

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

You made a card, so it counts!! :) Love this cute little card!

Just Plain Happy said...

He! He! Funny when we call a stamp set that is 3 monthes old 'Something Old'. we do love the new toys, don't we? Love the card and can't wait for the New 'Toy' Catty to come to my mailbox! Checking every 5 minutes now, it has arrived in the West.

Anonymous said...

Wish we could go to Emma's zoo party. Guess you'll have to have another one when you get bac. I'll definitely have a "girly" card for her!

Roberta