Monday, May 14, 2007

Having fun with Beate's sketch

I had to do another one for Beate's sketch challenge (see my last post). I just love working with sketches and use them quite often when I am card making and pretty much always when scrapbooking. I like that you have the layout all ready for you and you just have to decide on pictures/stamps, papers and embellishments.

This card is made from the same sketch as the last card but is a very different look. This is what I like about sketches, you can look at the layout but change it to your own style.

This card is a 4 1/4" square base in tempting turquoise. I used the Polka Dots & Petals paper and used that as the inspiration for the colors (that is why I like working with pattern paper, one more decision made for me). The other color I pulled from this paper was the So Saffron which is matted behind the yellow flowers.

For the mouse and the squirrel I stamped them on the white first and then stamped them again on the patterned papers and cut their shirts out (when I showed Joe he said I was crazy for cutting those out. LOL!!). I colored the balloons with markers and cut them out and used dimensionals to pop them up.

I really had fun with this sketch and am already working on a third card with it! Hmm....that just got me thinking I bet you could use this for a scrapbooking layout. I might just have to try this. I'll keep you posted.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is darling! Thanks again for playing. Hugs and smiles

Jill MacDonald said...

Very cute, Karen!

Jill

Allison Rankin said...

This is great...nice job!

Eleanor said...

cute little kids B'day card..

Just Plain Happy said...

Love everything about it! Wish this set wasn't retiring. Thanks for sharing. Great use of the challenge!