Saturday, May 19, 2007

Au Chocolate Bloom

This is a little later than planned but better late than never right? This is the card we did last night for the party. I made a mistake and didn't have enough Old Olive cardstock for the card I had planned on doing so this was a last minute decision ( I came up with it yesterday afternoon).

The base of the card is Chocolate chip and then I used Rose red and sponged around the edges for the next layer. For the flower I used the biggest one from Big Blooms and stamped it in Rose red on Vanilla cardstock.I then stamped one of the small flowers in Regal rose craft ink and sprinkled Heat & Stick on it, heated and then added Dazzling diamonds and heated it again. I cut both of the flowers out and mounted them on a piece of Chocolate chip that I had DTP'd (direct to paper) with Vanilla ink.

The Happy and Birthday are from Everyday flexible phrases and were stamped in Chocolate chip and then punched with the word window punch. I sponged the chocolate chip ink around the edges and wrapped them around the Rose cardstock.

I used a piece of Au Chocolate paper (from the spring mini) and mounted it on chocolate chip and wrapped chocolate grosgrain around that and the Rose red piece.

Hopefully the kids will go to bed good tonight. We had company most of the day and I am hoping that tired them out so I can stamp. It is VSN (Virtual Stamp Night) over at Splitcoast stampers so I am going to check out some of the challenges and try to do a couple of them. I think that is a good way to finish off the day. Don't you?

Click HERE to see the VSN forum.

5 comments:

Just Plain Happy said...

Beautiful card, Karen! I guess we will be having our own RSN- real stamp night-next weekend. Hmm! Maybe you could come up with a couple of challenges for the stampers to keep us going through the night?

Anonymous said...

Beatiful card....I should have gone to the party..."it was so nice at the camp" LOL...We came home today. Rather soggy. I have been stampin all day..getting ready for the road trip.

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry I missed it. Dianne showed me hers it's even more beautiful in person. You're a superstar!! I've got the week off with nothing much to do beyond cruisin' blogs so keep em coming please...

Angie said...

sounds relaxing. Ohhh no...there are two angie said's? this is gonna be confusing!!

Tina said...

I'm sorry I missed it too :o(, what a beautiful card. I love the colors!!