Sunday, April 06, 2008

Another fav


This is another favorite card that we did at a stamp camp a while ago. For this one I punched the circles out of Close to Cocoa cardstock and then ran them through my Zyron machine. I used the new chunky glitter on the circles and it looks sooooo sparkly in real life.

For the stems I ran Wild Wasabi double stitched ribbon through the Zyron and then cut it in half (it was either Debbie Olson or Nicole Heady that did this). The leaves are from the level 3 hostess set Time Well Spent. They were stamped in Basic Brown, colored with markers and cut out. I then shaped them with a bone folder and glued them on with pop dots. The doodling is free-hand. Not one of my strong points but it is fun :)

Jill asked if the tacky tape affected my punch (last post). I think I put a little goo gone on it after and then punched some scraps to remove the excess. I still find it sticks a bit but it still punches fine. Hopefully with more punching the stickyness will go away. If you had a Zyron machine the technique above might be the better way to go.

I finished a card yesterday that I had started the day before so hopefully I get a chance to post that later today or tomorrow. I have been fighting a cold this week and I think yesterday it finally won :( I am feeling a little "blah" but life goes on. Right?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Shocking, I know, but I actually do own a Xyron maching...just a tiny one, but one nonetheless.

Hope you're feeling better soon.

Are you bringing the Bella's to PAAT?