Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Thank Goodness for Baby Einstein

I just had to finish this card this morning so I put on Baby Einstein for Emma and snuck upstairs for a few (will maybe almost 30) minutes so I could finish watercoloring this card.

This is definately not nearly as good as one of Kittie's cards but it is way better than I thought it was going to be.


One thing I didn't have was the Watercolor Minis (I used to- why did I sell that?) so I used the end of one of the flowers from Both Way Blossoms and used a marker to ink it up.

I used reinkers for the tree and the grass and flowers but used my neglected Watercolor Crayons for the Gnome.

I really hope this inspires you to try this technique and if you do please share I would love to see them.

Now to try to find a little time today to do the color and sketch challenges for this week. Hmm...maybe I will combine them.

P.S. If you have Watercolor minis and want to either sell them or lend them to me let me know.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

tks Karen for the updates...there were lots there for me to view...I am on vacation so I did not check the blog for awhile so I got lots of goodies to view. Keep up the good work! D

Anonymous said...

Looks like it was a lot of work but the end result was worth it!Terrific card.
Speedy B