Friday, March 02, 2007

Doodle Charm

I am soooo in love with Doodle This and Doodle That! You will probably see lots of things done with these stamps over the next while.

While I was getting ready for my last stamp camp I was waiting for something to dry so I pulled out my Doodle This and stamped the flowers on a scrap piece of paper. I then colored the flowers with future floor polish and pearl ex. It is really hard to see in the picture but it is really shimmery in real life.

That piece sat on my desk for a couple of days (sorry Mom) until I saw my polyshrink in the back of my paper file and thought it would be fun to stamp the flower and shrink it. First I stamped it in StazOn and colored with a turquoise sharpie and then tried my Zig Painty for the first time.

The rest is pretty simple, I just used the doodles in the background on Cool Carribean and then tied ribbon around it and used gold cord to hang my charm on.

It is kind of a long story but I don't think I have taken that long to finish a card ever and had to share it with you.

I am so excited right now I can hardly stand it. I ordered some new toys from CompuPro and they will be in today. Joe is picking them up on his way home from work and I can't wait! Hopefully I can get some time in this weekend to play and when I do I will share it with you.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yahooo, I can't wait to see what you make with your Cuttlebug! Maybe I'll get inspired! LOL

NickyT said...

I am sitting surfing the web and debating on wether I should clean my house or at least empty the dishwasher that kiddos gets paid allowance for and reload with dirties.....OR.....Go play with the cuttlebug and bellas!?!?!?!

I hope we get 40cms of snow so I can be snowed in tomorrow lol.

StampinThursdays said...

I wouldn't mind getting snowed in tomorrow. Ian has a b'day party to go to and I know he will have a blast so I am torn.
I just embossed a few pieces of CS and punched a flower and slide (thanks btw) but now I can't decide what to do.
Hopefully tomorrow I'll have something to share.

Michelle Marshall said...

Awesome Job Karen!!! Love comming to your blog to see what wonderful new creations that you have came up with!!! I know hwen I get new toys I can not wait for them to get in either!!! Have fun creating!!

Anonymous said...

ohhhh that is so nice Karen. Now just what is Zig Painty? I have some of that poly shrink somewhere...guess I better hunt it down...today is Stampin'Day for me. Alicia & Ashley are coming up so we are going to play. Have a good day and can't wait to see next post.btw Alicia has offered to do her friend's wedding invitations (crazy I know) any suggestions...Fall wedding we thought maybe the autumn leaves set?

NickyT said...

Any Cuttlebug creations done yet?

Anonymous said...

Sent a card to Shane today. Sent one that we made in one of your classes...the pirate and treaure map etc.