Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Towel Cake

I have to brag about my creativity (or at least my ability to copy). LOL!!!

This is the towel cake I made for my brother's wedding shower a couple of weeks ago. The base is 2 bath towels, the middle layer is 4 bar towels (it was supposed to be 2 hand towels but I couldn't find any white ones) and the the top is 2 face cloths.

My neighbor called me after she had been at a bridal shower to tell me that she had seen this cake and thought of me when she saw it. If you do a search for a bridal shower towel cake it should come right up.

BTW - If you click on the picture you should be able to see it full screen.

Now I just have to figure out what to get them for a wedding present. The wedding is next weekend. Any ideas?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

That looks great! If you had not mentioned that it was made with towels, I wouldn't have known it wasn't a real cake...lol

Anonymous said...

That is awesome, gonna have to remember that, my brother-in-law is getting married next summer. TFS Erica

Anonymous said...

Well, that is just the cutest idea!! It looks so pretty, you did a great job!

Anonymous said...

very cool idea- I'll have to file that one away. How did you get the towels to stay together? ribbon? Elastic?

StampinThursdays said...

The towels are pinned together. I used both safety and stick pins. The safety pins held it together and the stick pins were for the beads and ribbon. I don't know how well you can see it in the pic but there was ribbon and beads around each layer.

Anonymous said...

Great idea! Something like the diaper cake...at Donna's shower. You are SO cleaver!