Thursday, August 23, 2007

Sneak peek

This is one of the cards we are doing at Stamp Camp on Saturday. I punched out a mask with my Giga Scallop Square punch (one and a half times to make a rectangle) from scrap paper. I made the scrap paper the same size as the white cardstock to make it easier to line up.

I sponged Certainly Celery inside the mask and then stamped the stems and flowers from Double Line Doodles. I colored the flowers in and touched up the stems that were above the mask. I don't think you can see it in the picture but I used my white gel pen on the dots on the leaves.

For the side of the card where it opens I used my corner rounder (the old SU one-I still don't have the new one) and then added the dots to the scallops with the gel pen.

I found this card when I was going through my stash this morning and realized I hadn't posted it here yet.

The layout was a sketch from Beate's blog a while ago and the color combo was a SCS color challenge from a few weeks ago (Real Red, Green Galore and Tempting Turquoise).

The green piece is embossed with my Cuttlebug Bloom Dots folder and the red flower is from one of the CB flower die sets (sorry I can't remember the name right now). Stamp sets used were In the Spotlight, Little Pieces and Happy Everything.

Want some shocking news? As of last night (Wendesday!!!) I am about 95% ready for class tonight, a party tomorrow night and stamp camp on Saturday. I just have to finish cutting out the last project for Saturday. For me to be this ready 3 days before is unheard of. LOL!!! And guess what else...............Mom is working on projects for the end of September. I sooooo wish I could be a little more like my Mom ;-)

One more thing......Sandra asked about the Snow Writer. It is a white paint that comes in a bottle with a pointed tip (kind of like the crystal effects bottle). It stays raised so you can make snow with it or you could use it like we have used liquid applique for whipped cream on "coffee" stamps or maybe icing on a cake. You can also add glitter when it is still wet. I have only used it for snow but will share when I get a chance to do more with it.

3 comments:

Just Plain Happy said...

And I wish I could be 'a little more layed back like you'. Love the cards, good use of the Doodle Line, must get mine out and dust it off!

Anonymous said...

Would love to do something with the snow writer sometime. Where can I get it? Is it stampin up?
Your cards, as always are beautiful.

Eleanor said...

I bought my snow writer at Nicole's $3.50