Monday, February 19, 2007

Tractor Time

I made this card for my neighbor who lives on a farm and happens to have a blue tractor. The stamp set is tractor time and is one of the few retired sets I have kept. I just couldn't give it up and am so glad I didn't 'cause I like how this turned out. The patterned paper was scraps I had from taking a class (I think it was from Moncton last year) so I don't know what kind it is but it was perfect for a masculine card (which I don't do enough of).

I used chocolate chip and buckaroo blue markers(in a blender pen -ask me if you don't know how to do this and I will find the info and post it) to ink up the stamp. I sponged around the edges of all papers. For the twill tape I wanted it to be more frayed (sp?) so I took a piece of the narrow twill tape from SU, cut it in half and then kind of pulled at the ends and sides.

To see what I did with the other half of the twill tape you will have to check back in tomorrow :)

I added some links on the side a couple of days ago and am going to add a few more soon so keep your eyes there and check out those links. Also, check out my SCS Gallery as I will not always have the same cards in both places. I will put the link here soon too.

5 comments:

Angie said...

I like the tractor too!!! Very cute card. It's hard to make guy cards I think. Also girls appreciate the handmade gesture more, don't you think.

Anonymous said...

I like that tractor, it makes a very nice masculine card!!

Anonymous said...

Love the card...too bad the set is retired!

Just Plain Happy said...

Love the card Karen. Congrats on posting to SCS! Can't wait to see your gallery, post that link soon!

Angela & Eleanor said...

OK... you had me thinking about that set...guess I will have to borrow yours before Bob's birthday in July. It certainly is a WOW!!