Monday, January 12, 2009

The best of intentions

I had planned on posting more often in the New Year, getting things "back to normal" and trying to record some of the daily "stuff". So far I'm off to a really bad start though!

The last week everyone in the house has been sick (except me!) and it's been pretty busy. Ian missed the first 2 days of school but is back in full swing now and I think he likes being back in a routine (although I'm sure he would really like to be home playing the Wii all the time).

Ian and Emma started skating lessons on Saturday. Emma was so excited and was sure she would be able to just go! Ian's lesson was at 10:15 and I took him over expecting to have to help him out for the first little bit but he did so good! Ian was done at 11 and I came home for a few minutes and then Emma and I went over while Ian and Joe stayed home to get some things done (although I don't think much was actually done!). Emma really liked "skating" but my back suffered big time! Next week Joe and I will probably both go so we can switch off. She did do ok after a while but she had a really hard time staying up and had to be held the whole time. I'm sure Ian was like that at the beginning of last year and it won't take her long though.

Oh! I have a funny story! Emma was sick with the flu Friday night (and on the way home from town in the van but I don't think you want to hear about that one...........blah!). She had only had apple juice and when it came back up it looked exactly the same. While she is gagging and sputtering she was saying "Wh.....wha..........what.........kin........what kind...............what kind of puke is it?" Joe told her it was apple juice and she turned to me and said "it's apple juice puke Mommy". I said ok, thanks.

Ok, I don't know how it is now 9:45 but I have to get off the computer and get some cleaning done. Emma was supposed to go to the sitter today but she is sick with a croupy cough so we are taking it easy here today. In a way I'm glad I don't have to go out anyway since it's
-22........................and Dad was saying we wouldn't want to go out when we were there over Christmas and it was -10! Ha! That's not cold! :) Just kidding, it is cold but this is COLD!

Gotta go!

2 comments:

Amy said...

Yay!! Glad you posted...but, sorry to hear everyone was sick!! I hope Emma gets feeling better soon...she is a trooper, though!
Remember the cones we used to use when we were first learning to skate? You should get Emma one of those...to save your back!
Love the pic of the kids in the snow, btw! Too cute! xoxo

Just Plain Happy said...

Yippee! So glad you posted and with a pic too! I was laughing so hard about the 'Emma puke' story...you REALLY have to scrapbook that story! So Emma-like to be diagnosing her own puke!
Love you guys and miss you ALL!