I finally had a chance to ink up my Thomas Kinkade stamp yesterday that I picked up at Carousel Rubber Stamps. Of course I had to get the one that had the horses on it :)
The first one is stamped with Basic Gray ink and colored with Prismacolor Pencils. The only place I used Gamsol (oderless mineral spirits) was on the sky. I found the sky the hardest place to color.........hopefully it comes with practice.
A close up of the first card.
This one was from an experiment that didn't go as planned but I am glad I took it back out of the garbage can. LOL!
I stamped the image in Basic Brown ink and sponged the edges with Creamy Carmel. I then went over it with a thick layer of Crystal Effects and set it aside to dry. I was hoping it would crack when it dried but it ended up kind of a leathery texture. It is really smooth!
The layout is from Jen's SFYTT (sketch for you to try). This was the first time I have had a chance to try one but it won't be the last :)