Tuesday, January 09, 2007

UHU and a new card

First off, I recieved these UHU products before Christmas and haven't had a chance to use them until a couple of nights ago. I found a link to Maria's Blog where she is giving free samples of UHU products to bloggers. When I finally had time to play the other night I gave them a try and this is what I found.

The Scrapbookers Pen: I liked the consistency of the adhesive,it was fast drying and I liked the hold it had but for me it was a little messy. It didn't buckle the cardstock or make it look wet and it did dry clear where I messed it up a bit :) I am definately going to use it some more and see if I can perfect the use of liquid glue. Oh yea, and the applicator for this was like no other one I have seen. It is kind of like a plastic chissled tip so it spreads the adhesive nicely.

The UHU Glue Roller: This was more my style (I normally use tape runner type adhesives) and went on really nicely.I used this one for the card below and it held quite good. The application was really smooth, I had no problems with it skipping or anything. I will be using this one more too for sure.

This card was inspired by the patterened paper I had on my desk from a tin I did for Mom or Amy (I can't remember whose it was 'cause I did one for each of them for Christmas and yes I need to clean my desk). Anyway, I used another sketch challenge for the layout and the colors came from the paper. It is hard to see in the picture but the verse in the lower left corner says "simply said from the heart - thank you. I have had Simply Said for quite a while but haven't used it much so I did this card and 1 more (that I will use for class this week).

I think that will be my goal over the next little while- to use some of the sets I haven't used in a while. But of course I need to use some of my new ones too so I guess I have lots of stamping to do :o)

1 comment:

Just Plain Happy said...

I have hear of UHU, al ot of the instuctors at Scrapgala really promoted it. I am gonna get me some UHU and give it a try! Love the card AND it was used on my tin! LOVED THE TIN TOO!