Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Chocolate Doodle


I made this card a few days ago and finally decided I couldn't wait any longer to post it! LOL!! I was going to wait till tomorrow to post it but I have a few minutes so I thought I would do it now.
The paper is Au Chocolate from the Spring Mini. I used the same sheet and flipped it to get 2 different patterns. The layout is from a sketch from Amy's blog (see my last post). I used the flower from Doodle This and stamped it twice ,colored it in and cut one out to layer them. The circle sentiment is from Circle of Friendship, I stamped it in Regal Rose and punched it with the 1 1/4" circle punch and then did a chocolate chip piece with the 1 3/8" punch. The ribbon is from Michael's (Amy and I stopped there when she was here and went a little nuts on the ribbon). It is chocolate brown with pink stitching- yummy!
On the center of the flower and the pink spots on the petals I used stickles (lots). The bottle kind of clogged up so when I went to put it on one of the smaller spots it came out really fast and I had a huge glob of it that I had to try to move into the center of the flower. I did this right before supper and when I came back after supper it was still wet! It is a very sparkly flower in real life. LOL!!!
I finally scrapbooked again last night. I think this was the 3rd or 4th layout this year! I had to have a page in to Nicole by the end of this week to stay in a contest she is having so it was a really quick one (about 40 mins for a 2 pager). Joe took it in for me today so now I have another 2 weeks until I have to take in any more but I am planning on scrapping tonight! I really have the scrapping bug lately so I am going to go with it. Hmmm....maybe I should use my bug on a page! I'll keep you posted.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mmmm.... it's that scrumptious new chocolate paper series! Love it! Awesome card. I love the ribbon too! TFS Doodle EVERYTHING just landed on my doorstep when I was out this evening! yee-haw! I am off to create!

NickyT said...

Beautiful Card!!!

You did that page in 40mins! It is awesome! I loved it!!

Anonymous said...

Love the card. It's fabulous. I picked up that ribbon on my last trip into Michaels too!
Speedy B

Anonymous said...

Lovely card...boy you are really giving me my fix quickly now! Only seven more days left in the sunny south...I heard about the weather you guys are having....my hubby said he was not coming home until it was time to mow the lawn!!! I only wish! tks for the postings....you never let me down!

D

Angie said...

Karen that is my favorite card I think so far!!! I love all things pink and brown and I too picked that ribbon up at Michaels...how cool!!The scrapping bug always hits me in the summer...probally because tv starts to repeat everything and I take more pictures and therefor want to scrap them.

Anonymous said...

OK.....I really need that paper. I this I will case this card, but I will have to use different colors cuz I don't have the Au Chocolate yet.

I really love the pink and brown but have also found that a pale blue and brown is nice too.

I am really jealous of you that you can find the time to scrapbook too.....My scrapbooking has really slowed down over the winter. I hope I can get my creativity flowing for next weekend's Scrap Diva.

See you Thursday....